MR for CPO
-Programs & Policies-
Chapters 6 covers Navy programs affecting the welfare and morale of Navy personnel and their families.
The Ombudsman Program was first set up in the Navy in 1970.
The CO appoints the Ombudsman who works under his/her guidance.
The CO determines the priorities of the programs.
The broad purpose of the Casualty Assistance Calls Program (CACP) is to offer support to the next of kin of Navy members involved in a casualty. Only an officer with a minimun of 2 two years of active duty or a senior qualified enlisted member of a pay grade E-7 or above may serve as a CACO.
Morale, Welfare, and Recreation programs (MWR) provide a comprehensive approach to the improved quality of life of military personnel (active and retired), their families, and civilian personnel associated with armed forces.
About 50% of all military members experience some level of financial difficulty at one or more times in their careers.
The principal goal of the Department of Defense (DoD) Family Housing Program is to ensure members of the armed forces with dependents have suitable housing.
The Navy Sponsor Program was set by the CNO in 1970 to ease the move of naval personnel and their families when transferred or permanent change of station (PCS).
The Overseas Duty Program was set up to address three specific groups:
- Personnel stationed at overseas shore activities and home-ported units.
- Personnel aboard ships and other deploying US Navy units that visit foreign ports.
- Personnel serving in high-impact positions (ie, attache, embassy, PEP and so on)
In 1980 Admiral Thomas B Hayward, the 21st CNO, initiated the Navys Pride and Professionalism program.
The Personal Excellence Program was initiated by Admiral James D. Watkins, the 22nd CNO, as a follow-on program to pride and professionalism. The emphasis of this program was Navy involvement in the civilian community.
The Core Values was the latest addition to the pride and professionalism and was initiated by Admiral Carlisle A.H. Trost, the 23rd CNO, to re-enforce and strength existing programs.
Define the following parts of the integrity and efficiency program:
- Mismanagement- to manage incompetently or dishonestly.
- Disclosure- the identification and reporting of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Fraud- Intentional misleading or deceitful conduct that deprives the government of its resources or rights.
- Waste- The extravagant, careless, or needless expenditure of government resources, resulting from improper or deficient practices, system, control, or decisions.
- Abuse- the intention, wrongful, or improper use of government resources that is misuse of rank, position, or authority.
The NIS primarily investigates major crimes and fraud which the maximum penalty requires by law more than 1 year imprisonment and/or a loss valued at more than $500.
Naval personnel may communicate with a member of Congress on any subject, at any time, unless that communication violates a law or security regulation. However, you should first use you chain of command, to resolve your problem.
Review Chapter 6 MR for CPO
| MR CPO Ch. 2 |MR CPO Ch. 3 |MR CPO Ch. 4 |MR CPO Ch. 5| | MR CPO Ch. 6 |MR CPO Ch. 7 |MR CPO Ch. 8 |MR CPO Ch. 9| | Home| BMR| MR P0 1| MR PO 3&2| Links|